View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
riki o (the story of ricky)

stacy

kind of have that feel to them...

but i have to say - after seeing machine girl - i dont know if i'd bother with gore police ... it just seems pretty stuipid now - cheezy effects are fun sometimes .. but the same thing over and over again ... is more bore than gore...

the story of Ricky is a lot of fun though
I'm adding Riki O to my Netflix queue now... It's one that I've been meaning to see for a very, very long time.

Honestly, though, I would have to say that Tokyo Gore Police goes above and beyond the cheesy effects for the sake of gore, and there are elements to the movie that are more challenging and disturbing than with Machine Girl.

I should really stop comparing Tokyo Gore Police to Machine Girl because it's honestly a superior film - Machine Girl wouldn't even be in the same league.

TGP is definitely more experimental, more extreme, and honestly makes a sincere effort to challenge its audience. The direction is more dynamic, more interesting, and in terms of the gore vehicles (weapons, mutations, etc.), they're honestly more interesting than Machine Girl was.

Not gonna lie - Machine Girl disappointed me. It was low-budget and cheesy (but in a "this should have been so much better" kind of way).

If you're into schlock or splatterpunk (and, after further consideration, I think that this is probably more "splatterpunk" as "schlock" implies small budget), Urge, I urge to check out TGP. It's weird, it's disturbing, it's creepy, it's gory, and it's absolutely satisfying.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!

Last edited by ChronoGrl; 10-06-2008 at 08:57 AM.