View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 12:10 PM
Evil Dead

I also loved it.

The Friday series is my favorite horror series of all time. It's not the *best*, mind you, but it's my favorite. Friday the 13th part 5 was the earliest one I remember watching when I was 6 years old and by the time I got to college I owned all of them, watched them almost every day, and to this day I still fall asleep to a Friday movie multiple times a month.

Other than the 1st one and possibly the 4th, it's the best made movie out of all of them. It seems like the director went to great lengths to make Jason actually look scary again, and I really appreciated that (The shot of him on top of the house, and the shot of his shadow behind the girl in the tent were just amazing shots to me).

It really feels like the sequel that should have been part 3...and if you think of it like an alternate split universe or something, it could totally fit right there.
One thing I noticed that was probably un-intentional....there was a wheelchair in the den. If you think of this like the unmade part 3, that could totally be the wheelchair of the guy he killed in part 2. ;)

Overall, I'll be buying it the day it comes out and adding it into my rotation with all of my other Jason movies.

-D

Last edited by UngodlyWarlock; 02-15-2009 at 12:48 PM.