View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 02:33 AM
HDC Idol

heehee - Oh, I totally get your reticence. Normally I'd agree but apparently I have some kind of strange affinity for Maroon 5 that is manifesting right now (probably because the last song I heard by them was "She Will Be Loved;" I don't listen to modern pop music at all).

Actually I think my Defense of Adam is more along the lines of what you note; the show is so tightly written and directed and that the best performances came out of those I least expected (McDermitt being my prime example). I'm of the mindset that a brilliant script and director can bring out the best in any actor (transversely poor scripts and direction can make great actors awful). So my feelings for Maroon 5 aside, I'm hoping there 's a good reason Adam was cast and that he'll surprise us.

That being said, I'm going to turn on my previous statement of hopefulness and say that I am honestly not a fan of Chloe DuVall at all. She has this odd cult indie actress status that I just don't get because her main skill is screwing up her face, mumbling, and making you wonder if her character is supposed to be mentally retarded. I think she's an overrated actress and she only gets jobs because she's funny-looking.

*ahem*

Ok, yes, I just defended the lead singer of MAROON 5 and insulted a "seasoned" actress. Heh. I'm going to just get back to the mindset of AHS must have a Reason and for that I must reserve judgement... O Mighty AHS!!

;)

Join my Facebook Horror Group!