View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 04:24 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
https://youtu.be/E9m9tvEbVXs

This looks like an old remake of the black and white silent horror movie Nosferatu.

I've never watched it before but that soundtrack alone gives me goosebumps. I think it's kind of funny though how that trailer is spoiling the ending of the movie with the tragic fate of Hutter's wife Ellen.
It is a re-imaging of Nosferatu. Follows fairly close. It has much more character drama than the silent original, as one might expect. It's interesting.

There is an English version (the actors spoke English, not a dub), and one German (with English subtitles). I'm not enough of a snob to recommend one over the other. I watched the English version, of course, and won't be watching the other.

That trailer... Sure does spin, eh?

I wouldn't assume too much about Ellen's fate from this trailer. That's because there's no Ellen in the film, so she's OK. But I wouldn't assume too much about Harker's wife Lucy's fate from the trailer either. It may look like she's bit, but not everyone bit by a vampire dies.

There's big fans of this film. I enjoyed it, and I like arthouse or avant garde, but I can't say I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Nope not yet but I hope I can get the chance someday.

It looks good!
Someday? Dude, you live in America. You can see anytime you want. You can watch it on Youtube for $3.99.

Last edited by Sculpt; 10-14-2018 at 04:38 PM.