View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 07:08 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
There are a bunch of soundtracks and in movie horror songs that I own or have saved and I selected from those for the most part. It's probably not a true top 5 right now as I need to think a bit more about other horror movie soundtracks and movies that I don't own yet. Plus I'm terrible with top lists.

I listen to horror songs a lot even though I tend not to like lyrical music that much. They are usually songs I pick up in the background and search for because they seem to have catchy tunes. Movies like The Terminator and Night of the Creeps have tons of them. They put me in the movie without having the movie on in the background. In many ways it's thanks to the old horror crypt music site that was shut down because he put together the complete soundtracks with songs and that doesn't seem to happen on CD releases these days.

My list for now. Not in order.

1. The Darkest Side of the Night from Friday the 13th Part 8

Someone on horrordvds called it a cheesy 80s song but I love it because of that. Especially the last minute. I love how they use it both at the beginning of the movie and on the radio in the boat. Plus it's at the end movie credits.

2. Magic in Your Eyes from Friday the 13th Part 7

I never really liked Part 7 until fairly recently. It took a while to like the feel of the movie. This song I picked up in the background probably helped. Also, because of the pretty blonde girl as well even though she's a major b word. But it's a good song for hanging out in the woods and looking for a pretty girl sort of thing.

Thumb resize.

3. Passage to Normal from Night of the Living Dead 1990

I think most people leave the theater when the movie ends and don't watch the credits. I tend to listen to the credits music. I caught Night of the Living Dead 1990 on late night TV by surprise when I was young. I didn't know it was a remake. It might be the first zombie movie I ever saw. And I love that last shot of Barbara.

I guess back then they played all the credits on TV or I saw this on an early cable channel. I can't remember. But it's one of those nostalgia things that sticks. Late at night, people trapped in a house, zombies. A what did I just watch and what is possible moment for me. I always listen to this track.

The credits part starts at 1:05

Thumb resize.

4. Useless Talent #32 from Grindhouse Planet Terror

I love this because it's the actress singing. I love it when an actor or actress does more than just act in a movie. I picked this up in the background during the beginning of the movie in the stripclub dressing sequence. The song continues in various forms in the movie but this is the first instance of it and probably my favorite.

5. Breather from Silent Hill

I like the Silent Hill movie probably far more than most. It's a moody and beautiful looking horror movie. This song is also supposed to be used in the game but I heard it in the movie first. The singer is also a actress which is cool. The whole credits music is really good but it's only one pick.

---

Four out of five are songs. But when I listen to soundtracks I usually listen to them completely. And thinking about it now, I find it difficult to pick only tracks. I like listening to the soundtrack as a whole like I'm watching the whole movie.
Not that I've listened to a lot of whole sountracks, but I know what you mean, as I most certainly have listened to entire symphonies and ballets straight through, like Nutcracker, Sawn Lake, Sleeping Beauty, etc.

For the tourney the tracks are important because participants are going to have to compare two things, and listening to some or all of two tracks is easy enough. They won't even have to have seen the films.

But even if they have seen the films, it's really hard for most people to recall the entire soundtrack. Playing a track is a great reminder.

Last edited by Sculpt; 11-24-2021 at 07:10 PM.