View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Undead

I will be the first to admit these films dont stand the test of time the way that horror films such as TCM, Halloween,etc. do. The acting is pretty terrible, and they all really have a "dated" vibe(if that makes sense). History plays a role in making these films even "cheesier" than they had to be. They made too many, and most of them were absolutely unnecessary(part V, Part VII, part VIII, hell, and Jason X). So in retrospect, when watching these films, any believability has been thrown completely out the window, because you know he pretty much never really dies, and the filmmakers dont even really care at that point about keeping the story straight(the Halloween franchise suffered from this after IV as well).

I actually just watched parts II and III on youtube about a week ago, and it was not the same experience as it was when I had watched them years ago.

Back in the 80's-90's, if you asked me my favorites, I would have said II, III, VI, and probably VIII.

Now, I dont really have a favorite in this series, because it wore out its welcome in such a way that it pretty much ruined the franchise, and the "fondness" people used to have for it.