View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 10:30 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommywikkid View Post

The Corridor

What a crazy movie, I still am trying to figure it out. This one is worth buying.

4.5/5
Glad you liked it; I thought I was alone in liking this movie. Good little indie horror flick.

Also - V - Thanks for the heads up on Dark Skies. Looking forward to that one.

Grave Encounters 2 (2012)

ROSHIQ! I FINALLY saw it!! :-P

LOL - I was actually really entertained by this movie for the first 3/4ths of it (ok, fine, roll your eyes now) - Good gimmicks with the hand-held camera and I actually really liked the meta approach of a team going in to prove that the first movie was real (though, to be quite honest - If I truly believed that the first movie was real and corporeal ghosts haunted the halls of the asylum, I WOULDN'T WANT TO GO IN THERE. But that's just me).

Ultimately, though, the end was really awful and it dragged on. Also, no real new ground here but I really appreciate the effort - There was an attempt to bring it somewhere slightly new.

Hollow (2011)

Bad pacing and very little scares. A whole not of nothing, really.

Cold Prey 2 (2008)

These movies are really solid modern slashers. I highly recommend watching them back-to-back. The director creates a believable and horrifying boogeyman, very much influenced by Halloween/Mike Myers, and equally as threatening. Recommended for genre fans.

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)

Love the cast, especially Aubrey Plaza and Mark Duplass. I needed a nice little indie movie and this fit the bill. Really cute.

Mama (2013)

In a word: Disappointed. I thought that the first 1/3 of the movie was very good; I liked to see Jamie Lanister outside of being the King Slayer (heh - Geek insides showing), and I thought that Mama was genuinely threatening... However...

[SPOILERS]

--- Dude. The youngest girl couldn't sleep in a bed and was eating bugs - THERE IS NO WAY SHE SHOULD HAVE BEEN RELEASED FROM THE HOSPITAL.
--- The doctor bothered me with whatever evil sub plot, purposefully ambiguous research he had - It was just unbelievable to me.
--- I had a hard time sympathizing for the girlfriend because she was just really bitchy to the girls; I know that she was taking care of them for her comatose Jamie Lanister but she was just mean to them - Made the scenes where she connected with her to be a bit unbelievable.
--- The ending was just awful. Awful. I'm really not a fan of ghosts that can be satiated, but I would have been happier if Mama had taken her dead baby corpse... Instead the particularly ANNOYING child called out and was taken away (which I honestly didn't care about but regardless it was soooo dissatisfying).

[/SPOILERS]

Join my Facebook Horror Group!