Thread: Indiana Jones
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 05:46 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
Indy 5 is confirmed to begin filming next year. Very excited and after how good Ready Player One turned out, Spielberg no doubt has it in him for another.

Posted my ranking before, but:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

Controversial, I know. While I still enjoy Last Crusade, it's too slapsticky and feels too much like Raiders 2.0 for my tastes, whereas the others in the series are more unique.
Filming starts next year? That's great!

If you are ever able to find out who wrote the story (as opposed to screenplay), let me know. I'm very curious. So far all the stories have been from Lucas, but others turned those into screenplays. It would be weird if the story wasn't from Lucas... it would be like the new Star Wars films that are not taken from a Lucas written story. You know how weird those can be.

This new Indy 5 film's screenwriter is David Koepp, who has written (that is the screenplay, not necessarily the story):
"Jurassic Park (1993), The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997), and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008); the action spy films Mission: Impossible (1996) and Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014); the superhero film Spider-Man (2002); the sci-fi disaster film War of the Worlds (2005) and the mystery thriller Angels & Demons (2009). Koepp has directed six films over the course of his career: The Trigger Effect (1996), Stir of Echoes (1999), Secret Window (2004), Ghost Town (2008), Premium Rush (2012), and Mortdecai (2015)."

And I can't believe you like Doom better than Raiders! You crazy!

I don't remember Skulls very well, so I'd rate them:

1. Raiders
~a vast chasm~
2. Doom
3. Crusade
4. Skull