Thread: Indiana Jones
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 07:12 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
It's a shame Spielberg is so down on Temple Of Doom. With that movie he was clearly firing on all cylinders. Last Crusade has such a by the numbers feel to it by comparison, like he just wanted to please the masses who hated TOD and felt it was too dark or graphic.

It'd be great for 5 to be more like TOD with a darker tone and more Horror-oriented storyline. Also bringing back the pulpy style that was sadly missing from TLC and Crystal Skull. One of the things I love about Raiders and especially TOD is the pulpy style which really makes them feel like the vintage adventure serials that inspired the character in the first place. TOD had that plus a distinct EC Comics feel and style as well.
Spielberg definitely needs to bring back the pulpy, serial adventure style of Raiders and TOD, and keep it very serious -- let any humor come out of nowhere.

I don't know if it will be a Lucas story; do you? I read in June 2016 "Marshall has stated that the film would be a continuation of the events following Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."... you know whatever that means. And that Lucas will be Ex Producer. Some guy named Koepp is writing it, but I don't know if that means story and screenplay, or just screenplay. Hard to know what to expect.