View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 07:45 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Dude... Just because it's not a signing event or meet&greet sort of thing does not necessarily mean there's no chance to get an autograph or meet them. The number of times I've met bands and/or celebrities by hanging out in strategic locations before or after a show is too numerous to count on 2 hands. You probably won't even need to go to that overpriced chat to meet them and your experience could end up being a lot more memorable than if you had just been an audience member at the stupid talk. Here's what you do...

Look at their tour schedule. Odds are they'll be in a nearby upscale hotel the evening before and the evening of their show (Unless they have another tour stop the day before.) That's 1 chance to meet them. Depending on the location of the event and whether or not there is underground parking where they can drive right into the venue without exiting their vehicle, they may need to enter and exit the building on foot. That's a 2nd and 3rd chance. If you know they like to party, then they will probably be going out to the trendiest/coolest bar in the vicinity after the show too. That's 4 potential chances to meet them without ever buying anything. P.S. Just because they arrive at the venue on tour bus does not mean they aren't staying at a hotel.

Also I thought Red State was pretty bad ass. I also liked Chasing Amy (compared to other chick flicks.)

And one last thing... Tarantino's a has-been? I can only assume this means you didn't like Inglourious Basterds or Kill Bill and to that I say... What are you smoking and why aren't you sharing? True, most people prefer Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs, but those are still both kickass movies. It's like saying Francis Ford Coppola was washed up after he made The Godfather and Scoresese has been a has been since the Taxi Driver/Raging Bull days simply because they were never able to top them. I don't agree with that logic...