View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 07:35 AM
Evil Dead

misconception

When I read the name of the thread, "They look like people", I figured it would be something along the lines of They Live. I can't think of movies about doppelgangers (evil duplicates of specific people), without thinking of that Stephen Wright joke: "I woke up this morning and discovered that everything in my apartment had been stolen, and replaced by an exact duplicate."

A kind of story that really scares my friend Don is one where your identity is threatened, like the twilight zone episode where a guy wakes up next to a woman who claims to be his wife, and all the people insist he is somebody he isn't. Then there's the plot where a guy goes to his regular place of employment and nobody recognizes him.

Then there's the movies where a guy wakes up from a nightmare, and finds out that he is still in the nightmare, like Seizure.

One of my favorite episodes of The Prisoner (the original) is the one where Number Two tries to convince Number Six that he is not the real Number Six. Gee, this is getting kind of like Total Recall.