View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 07:02 AM
NOT THE GUY YOU THINK

Send a message via AIM to SKOOFx
Quote:
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
Where are you located, SKOOFx ? I'm pretty sure I can point you towards somebody.
CK

I didnt think this post would receive any responses. After a few days without any replies, i assumed it was a dead topic.

As for your ?,
I'm from New York City.

I was thinking about heading over to Troma. I hear they are always looking for people to help them out, but as much as i love what they do, I dont know, something about it rubs me the wrong way.

And once again, for the record. This is not for a career, or to "jump start my road to fame" (HA!).
Im a sound engineer, and im happy with that.
I just love low budget horror, and i respect the individuals who put their time and effort into these "terrible" flicks so much, that i would be very happy in volunteering any service i can provide just to be of service and learn/ be a part of th experience.
(if i sound like a cornball.....go fuck yourself :D )

anyways. Is this a realistic request?
(A person who wants to be involved in something like this, without actuayl giving a fuck about receiving creditor money)

Or would i be up against thousand of chumps all looking to "be a part of the biz". Because thats how the audio field is, and it makes ne nautious. People dont do what they do because of passion, they do it because of image.

PS- to get an idea of my "terrible" taste and love for amatuer films, here are a few titles: Dead and Rotting, Corpses Are Forever,Monster Man,etc. (full moon/tempe stuff). Basically, i apprecaite these movies because you can actually see what the directors/cast are trying to accomplish. Even though they totally miss the mark, it makes you realized that making movies are NOT easy. When you see a "perfect" blockbuster, everything is soo mint, that you forget the effort put into it.

Last edited by SKOOFx; 04-28-2006 at 07:04 AM.