View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 07:36 PM
That fucking Guy...

Venom.

Well...I figured I owed it to the character to see this, after all I've read since borrowing issue #3 of "Lethal Protector" from a kid in my home-room in the 90's, then diving both backwards and forwards into the character, following the journey both host/s and symbiote have taken over the years.

I, surprisingly did not hate it.

Ok so the origin is pissed into the wind to give this some independence. Kind of grating just a little bit because SO much of the character was built on the anger at Parker/rejection from Spider-Man...ah well.
So he'll never be outright murderously creepy and sinister. Ok.

They made the Venom incarnation look right...and truth be told the big white spider emblem would have looked stupid.
He was the RIGHT SIZE, they went sparingly on the tongue.

The "conversations" between the creature and the host were great too, not entirely a copy of how it went in the comic, but well done nonetheless.

How the symbiote fought, I liked a lot. The chase scene. The apartment scene. Great. It moved like Venom should.

The only real issue I had was that I thought the villain was pretty bland, and while I know we've had endless carbon copies of Venom throughout the years...I found "just another Venom" to be a bit boring.
For this reason, while he was hinted at I kind of hope they don't do Carnage as the very next thing in line.

Yeah though, I mean...it was watchable. I liked it.