View Single Post
Old 06-22-2004, 01:07 PM
legal eyes

Send a message via AIM to jay o2 waster
My review for Bad Taste

It is my life goal to make every single Lord of the Rings fan watch this movie. If they knew this movie existed and was directed by Peter Jackson, the same director of the Lord of the Rings, what would they think?

Bad Taste is the directorial debut for Peter Jackson. Made on weekends over the course of four years, with a shoestring budget. It was shot with a 16mm camera that could only shoot 30 sec. at a time and couldn't record sound. It wasn't until the last year that Jackson finally got funding from the New Zeeland Film Commission.

The movie it's self is a gore fest, and doesn't really emphasize on plot. There is a plot though, and a pretty good idea at that. It just isn't the kind of movie that relies on plot. The home made special effects are great. A lot of time was put into the making of this movie and it shows.

Bad Taste is not for every one though, only for people with strong stomachs. If you are not a gore hound like me, then you probably will not like the movie because of it's lack of plot structure. But this is a movie you will want to check out to see were Peter Jackson started.