Thread: Earthworm Jim
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 07:03 AM
ventricle

New retro Intellivision

I wonder if this has a big enough market for people wanting to play old simpler games? Maybe. I played the original Intellivision once or twice at a buddy's house. One was this sea military game. Seemed more complex than the Atari offerings. So strikes me as odd the more complex console would be the one to bring back the simpler retro games, as opposed to Atari.

I didn't have or follow Intellivision, but I didn't think it ever produced a game as advanced as Earthworm Jim. I see that came out in the 90s on Sega. So odd it's associated with Intellivision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
I read on one of the gaming forums that the original game artist is a real piece of crap. These days I don't support people or companies that have problems that they should not have. It's very easy to check wiki and see what's going on.

I do like that first game though.
Who/what are you talking about? The creator Doug TenNapel, or artist Nick Bruty? What did you read? I did a little googling, but I don't see anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I've read something similar...but from what I understand (the little) it seems to be one of those retroactive, oh they said something like this years ago, we should be offended.
I could be wrong, but that's what this one looks like to me.

Man I loved the first game...the music, the cartoonish antics, the background art, the "almost piss ya off sometimes" difficulty.
It was one of platformings top 10 to me.

In truth I've never put in time to finish the original sequel...didn't seem to quite strike twice for me. Looked fine though.

but yeah, between this coming out, (love me some neo-oldskool 2.5D) and that I think it almost seems destined to me a fail/oddity, I'll be grabbing one of these strange things soon as I can.
OK, you guys are talking about Earthworm Jim, not Intellivision. From the video, did you get the impression, despite the advanced console, they were sticking with older retro games?