View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 06:27 AM
That fucking Guy...

Well...started Alien: Isolation again.

It sure looks better on the 4K and the PS4 runs it smoothly.

I have to say, this fucking game...it gets atmosphere right, doesn't it?
For fucks sake...even before encountering anything, anyone...just being in this game, even prior to anything going screwy...it feels so damn tense, and it's just about uncomfortable enough to make you feel like you're walking through a mild panic attack.
Even the ambient ship/operational sounds evokes perfectly the feeling of being surrounded by space, claustrophobic.

It sets up a well done storyline, and feels exactly like it should. Kind of like the first alien film with some slightly newer looking ships and a larger scale. The interior of the ship almost feels nostalgic to the original movie when you're just walking around the initial scenes of the game.

Between the AI Alien, an actual storyline, the overall aesthetic and feel of the game, good pacing and challenge level accompanied by a very intelligently used score...this is to me, by no short led, THE best gaming experience ever based on ANY part of the ALIEN/S universe.
I would love to see another.
I would love to see the same team @ Sega take a swing at their vision of "colonial marines".

Gaddamn, this time I'm playing it I'm almost amplifying the experience by worrying about how scared I'm *going to* be.
Horror games just don't come this good, folks...not often and really not up at this level.
It does the film franchise, the fans and the gamers absolute justice.

Play this game already if you haven't people. It's at STUPID low prices.
You want to get scared? Play it.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 02-26-2019 at 06:30 AM.