View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 04:35 AM
No, fuck YOU

Resident Evil - Village PS4 8/10

Took me 19 hours to get through which I believe is longer than RE7. Pretty long for a linear game.

Game was entertaining throughout, so no complaints there. Gameplay, good. The characters were good, though not as well written as in RE7, but that's also a very high bar to reach.

The graphics were very grey for the first 3rd of the game, but became more pleasing afterwards. Still not as detailed as RE7 when it came to the charaters.

The story was kind of a mess, especially later on and the game overall felt a little rushed when it came to some of the scenes. Often after a cutscene I was confused how Ethan ended up where he did.

And speaking of Ethan. Here's the worst part Village. I didn't notice it in RE7 but I sure did in this one. The voice actor is pretty damn BAD. Granted, the general dialoge sounded like it was written by teens, with a shit loads of "What the fuck?!", "Now what?!", "Seriously?!", "What the hell is going on?!", "No, YOU're a doo doo head!!". Well, the last one was mine, but it would have fit right in. But even if the dialogue had been good the guy voicing Ethan would still sound like he was reading it all out loud from a script, which is most likely the case. Everything he said sounded very unconvincing.

And that's all I have to say about this game. For now..

Last edited by Angra; 05-09-2021 at 04:37 AM.