View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Cinematic Horror Archive

Help! Writers wanted.

Please read carefully:

It has become apparent to me that in order to not only keep my fledgling little site updated on a more regular basis, that it would also be more interesting to see work by other writers on it. This is so readers can see more unique perspectives, with equally unique writing styles.

If you are a serious writer with a passion for the horror genre, and you want to contribute reviews, then I encourage you to do so. There are no deadlines to meet, and if you have a well-written piece of intelligible and sound film critique, all ready to submit – do it! If you are planning to write an article, let me know and get on with it, then e-mail it to me when you are done. If it is cinematic horror - write about it! You can write reviews on any film from any era of any sub-genre, from any country. I do not mind you writing a piece on films I have already reviewed, because it adds another perspective on the movie. However, generally, please try to write about other films.

You can contribute as often as you like, and I will make sure I get your work out there as much as I can – I will plug it to fuck! I promote the site and my own writing as much as I possibly can within the horror community. If you have valid opinions on the genre, then as many people as possible should know about them! I will put up links for your reviews with your name, on my own threads on the forums of horror websites, along with the threads for the film’s title. I will also contribute your reviews to the external reviews links on IMDB, again with your name on it. When I publish your work on my site, I will make sure your name goes on it below the article, so it is not confused with my own material. Copyrighted to my site, nobody has the right to reprint or reproduce your work anywhere else, without your permission. My site has a rating system of four, with no half ratings, so please specify what your rating is of the film, below your submitted review.

No time wasters though! I will be blatantly honest here, and tough but fair. If you have the slightest feeling of uncertainty that you will not write anything, then do not make me the empty promise of submitting work. If you know, that you will commit to writing it 100%, then fine. It also has to be good quality writing, with focused opinion – do not ramble on and go off point. If you submit work, and it is not up to standard, I will not publish it.

The idea behind Cinematic Horror Archive is for it to be, hopefully in the near future, a comprehensive archive of reviews for horror films. With your help, this can reach fruition. At the time writing, since officially being open on the 30th of last month – just over two weeks ago – my site has had 614 views. Not bad is it? It is better than a kick in the bollocks! Again, with your help, I can get the brand name of Cinematic Horror Archive out there, and get a hell of a lot more views, and I will make sure you get credit for that. Who knows what the future has in store, and what the site will become from these humble little beginnings.

E-mail me your work here:

[email protected]

Thank you all very much for your time,

Dave J. Wilson

Last edited by Vlad The Impaler; 07-19-2010 at 02:02 AM.