View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Evil is Better

Brake

I thought this was gonna be similar to Buried due to the somewhat similar plots but they are too completely different movies. Buried was more of a claustrophobic suspenseful horror movie while Brake was an action/thriller. It was very entertaining and kept me wanting to see how it was going to end.

I have to talk about the ending though...

SPOILERS:I thought the first ending where you find out that it was all a test to see if he would give up information was a good ending but slightly improbable. The happy ending kinda felt like a cop out but i thought it worked for the story.

Then the double twist happened and you find out that the whole thing was real and they were just trying one last ditch effort to get him to talk and you find out that his wife was in on it. Being a horror fan i can get behind an ending where the hero loses and the last shot of the movie with his wife killing him was pretty chilling but it just felt silly and unnecessary to me.
END OF SPOILERS

One last thing, why the hell did they call it Brake? Trunk would have made more sense. It would've been like if Buried had been called Sand. Sometimes i don't understand the naming process that goes into movies.