View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 09:52 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Well Claire's appearance never changed that drastically before. In RE2 she was dressed as a biker girl (because that's basically what she was) and that same biker look was carried over to Code Veronica and The Darkside Chronicles. She no longer dressed like a biker in Degeneration or Revelations 2 but I always assumed that was because she was a little older in those. I guess the reason this new look bothers me so much is because it's like they're trying to devalue her role as a cool leading female character. It's not even just the fact that her boobs are hanging out, it's the fact that she looks like an ordinary girly girl civy and not a biker!

Ugh, I think I really am done with Resident Evil now! I won't be spending any more of my money on those games ever again.

And the Yakuza games are pretty awesome. Everybody tries to compare them to games like Grand Theft Auto and they really are nothing like those. The games have such great stories and characters and there are so many cool mini games to enjoy. Plus the characters you play as are a actually good guys not bad guys.
With Claire I was mostly thinking about how her look changed due to the technology available. She's only in that new trailer for a few seconds if that so I'll just wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
I was about 10 when I first played Resident Evil: The Director's Cut and this was a few years after it came out like I think in the year 2000. I wanted to play it because at the time I was really getting into zombie movies after renting the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead and I fell in love with everything about the game. I also really loved Resident Evil 2 and 3 and I also enjoyed the remake of the first game and Resident Evil 0 as well as the spinoff Resident Evil Outbreak.

I know you might disagree with me but personally I liked Resident Evil 3 the best. We got to see more of the devastation done to Raccoon City in that game and seeing the city wrecked up with crashed cars and dead bodies laying on the street was very scary to me as a kid. Nemesis was also a terrifying monster who kept me on my toes, and I liked how this game had so many different types of zombies compared to the first two games. You had skinny zombies, fat zombies, girl zombies, civilian zombies, cop zombies, biker zombies, suited zombies, and of course the lab coat zombies and nude test subject zombies which appear towards the end in almost every game (kind of like the nurses in the Silent Hill games). It even made sense where the zombies showed up like how a lot of the cop zombies appeared near and inside the police station, the zombies in suits coming out of the town hall, and the zombies in lab coats appearing in the hospital and the secret laboratory. There were even female zombies in fancy dresses hanging out in front of the Goddess of Time paintings inside the clocktower. A lot of detail was put into these zombies compared to the other Resident Evil games which I thought was cool as hell.

I used to like Resident Evil 4 and even Resident Evil 5 but I've grown to hate those games now because of how much they have changed my favorite game franchise. It's not fair to even call these "survival horror" games because they are clearly more action than anything.
I don't think I liked Resident Evil 0 that much. I still own it on Gamecube. But I only remember playing it once. And I remember it was really about inventory management more than any of the previous games. Also, that even though it had a few good locations, the game was almost a side story. I do like Resident Evil 3 but I hated how Nemesis was always showing up to mug you.

The worse part of Resident Evil 4 for me was the story. I didn't like the side story nature of it. I thought we would get a better story after Code Veronica. The Village and to some extent the Castle are the best parts of Resident Evil 4. After that it really becomes an action game with horror elements. But it's still one of the best games in the series. I would probably put it in the top 3 or 5 titles.

I'm going to check some reviews but I think I'm going to play the 3DS version either soon or later this year. And the sequel, I need to see which version is the best.

I still have to finish those Corpse Party games too. I need to better organize my games before the October month. I'm thinking about doing an almost three month horror thing starting in September to almost Thanksgiving time since I'm so behind on stuff.