View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
Damn you lucky Bastard Moribund !! I wish I could go see it with you. I also heard the 1954 Godzilla movie will be playing at a convention in Boston I think. I first saw Gojira a.k.a. Godzilla back in 2001 at G-Fest at a near by theatre. The basic diffrence between the original Japanese 1954 Godzilla movie and the USA 1956 movie Godzilla King of the Monsters is that the 54 movie is 97 minutes long and is a much darker movie. Godzilla King of the Monsters is about 79 minutes long and has actor Raymond burr in the movie. In the 1954 movie they say H-Bomb while the USA version is waterd down some and the term atomic bomb is used instead.

What you find out in the 1954 Gojira movies is that Dr. Serizawa is being funded by the Nazis for his research work. Later serizawa invents the Oxygen bomb which is just as powerful as a nuclear bomb. In the USA version Serizawa is portryed as a guy who went to college with Raymond Burr and both are good friends. The movie itself was inspired by a real life event that happened a few months before where a Japanese fishing boat had been nuked by an h-bomb at bikini island. The name of the boat was the Lucky Dragon. Let me know what you think of the movie. I dont think you should have trouble reading the subtitles.

Last year Rialto Pictures was showing the movie in theatres across the country as one film cretic put it Godzilla 1954 is the Citizen Kane of Giant Monster movies.