View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 02:33 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Halloween II (2009)

It already happened with Paranormal Activity and now Halloween 2! The thing is here lately the dvd of both the films came with non-theatrical ending! PA released here with the "Original ending" and few days back H2 hits the dvd store with alternate ending only. Thanks to blood-disgusting.com for notifying that the version I saw last night wasn't the original one which most of you have seen in the theater. And then thanks to youtube, where I just finally saw the theatrical one.

Anyway, I liked both the ending but I think alternate was the better one. **Spoilers about the alternate ending**During the film's finale outside the shade, Micheal Myers tears his mask off revealing his entire face (beard and all). He screams & says his first word of his entire adulthood to Dr. Loomis, "Die!" before he stabs Dr. Loomis. Then police shot him down and Angel Myers came out & made an attempt to stab Dr. Loomis by herself but she got shot too and in background a slow & fine version of LOVE HURTS starts. The rest are the same like in the theatrical one.**Spoilers end**.

Now, though I have said it before but like to repeat it here...years back just after the moment it was declared that Rob Zombie going to be the director of the remake of HALLOWEEN then I think every reasonable, thoughtful & open minded horror fans accepted the fact that this is going to be totally different treat than whatever they got from other sequel directors of original series and specially going to have some different approaches in many aspects than Carpenter version either in good or bad way. So when the director of the macabre violent films like House of 1000 Corpses & The Devil's Rejects takes this kinda project into his own hand then eventually he/she supposed to fail most of the “expectations” in a great deal of disrespect. And I said before that as a remake that was unnecessary but as a RZ film..it’s a masterpiece! But after seeing the remake again lately and H2 last night, I think Zombie did his best within his caliber & regarding his ways of making a film. I like to appreciate his own efforts & thoughts for the Michael Myers Legacy and the way he put it all together in. Though it’s flawed, it was sad & difficult to see that screwed portrayal of Dr. Loomis character and nevertheless it’s almost an exact 2 hour long feature (!), but it’s gorgeously gruesome, nasty in a cool way and darkly a long awaited dream for hardcore slasher fans.

>>: B

Halloween: Resurrection (2002)

haven't seen it before.

>>: D

Last edited by roshiq; 12-14-2009 at 02:45 AM.