View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 09:13 PM
ventricle

Wuthering Heights (1939)
9/10

Gothic tale of a boy adopted by a landed gentry English family. His great love is his step sister, but would she choose love with a landless penniless peasant, or choose a gentrified husband to retain the wealth and privilege of the aristocratic life? Must he leave her and gain a fortune before he can come back to her? Would she wait for a fortune that may never come? Could he love a woman that required him to wealthy?

Whoah, I didn't know what to expect from the film, it wasn't what I thought it was. It's a famous film that had simply fell through my fingers... not to mention I had confused this film with another film.

This film is very poetic, in most every way, particularly the dialogue which certainly comes from the book, and it's very fine poetic prose indeed. The film is filled with wisdom that comes through very human anguish and foolishness, the kind us mere humans seem incapable of rising above. The film doesn't hold any punches. The story seems a bit exaggerated, as stories making important points in less than 2 hours often do, but it's painfully spot on.

Last edited by Sculpt; 10-01-2018 at 09:20 PM.