View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Little Boo

Hi, I'm looking for two movies from the mid 80s and the 90s, US-made.

The first movie is from the 90s (probably mid or late) and was about a family that moves into a haunted house. The house is very beautiful and stately with dark wood interiors and an ominous feel b/c it does not have much lighting. The House starts working on the wife first and she starts having small hallucinations about her husband cheating on her with the realtor. The first time is when she watches from a window as he walks the realtor out to her car and she imagines that they make out enthusiastically on the hood of the realtor's car. Then later she goes upstairs and thinks she sees them having sex in the study when actually he's just in there doing something benign like reading. [fastforwarding] There is a sort of random scene where an unintroduced naked brunette lady writhed on a big bed. The camera is the pov and it creeps up on her (she doesn't see it for a while because the top of her head is towards the door) until she does notice it and is quite shocked/terrified. The scene ends and goes back to the family. [fastforwarding] The last scene I remember was the family sitting down to dinner. By this time strain had developed b/t the wife and husband. I think the House has started working on the father as well because I'm fairly certain he is the one who looks up and sees a random old lady ghost staring at him. She was whited out and and had a sfx glow, a bit like Slimer or the library ghost, and was staring at him very insanely. Then the turkey exploded. I remember this because it was a very cheap effect - it was like they put a lot of fireworks in it - it went PFFT!! and turkey bits shot up in the air. I remember thinking that the actors' jumping a bit was not unfeigned.
Some random details: I think they had more than one kid. Fairly sure the name of the movie had something to do with haunting or poltergeists, it might have had a colon.

I saw the second movie in the early 90s, so it could be mid 80s to early 90s. It was on TV during the daytime. It was about a lot of terrified young people running around in a big house and getting picked off in creative ways. One lady had twine sewn in her stomach. It was like...the needle went in at her lower abdomen and was drawn out the middle. I think that was how she died? And another lady got trapped in a clock except there was a blade for a pendulum. The remaining (3 or so) survivors come upon her predicament but she tells them to run away.
My friend is trying to help me find these and she came upon these links:
http://www.best-horror-movies.com/ba...red-death.html
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0179334/reviews
Some of the details, like the clock trap, match but there is only a copy of the Vincent Price version available on Amazon so it'll be difficult to check right away.

Also, can anyone confirm if in The Eye (2002, Pang bros), was there a scene where the heroine goes to a restaurant to eat and sees a lady ghost holding a kid come in and start licking the peking ducks? The heroine overhears some regulars remarking that the owner seemed to be doing well and that his wife's suicide was such a shock. She throws down her chopsticks and runs out.

Sorry for the length and thank you very much for your help!