View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 09:23 PM
Nancy Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdetective View Post
I recently saw Eli Roth's The Green Inferno. Decent film. Got me in the mood to watch a couple of cannibal movies.

Obviously the most famous is Cannibal Holocaust. I kinda wanna watch it, known about it for years and I haven't sat down to watch it for one reason....
The animal cruelty!!

Now, I'm fine with gore in movies. Heads exploding and skins flayed, all that stuff I'm fine with. Mostly because I know it's fake but I heard that the animal cruelty in Cannibal Holocaust was real.
For people who've seen it, how bad, graphic and long are these scenes?

I don't really feel like watching a movie were animals are killed for my "entertainment".
Is the rest of the film good enough to sit through the animal cruelty???
The animal cruelty bugs me in that film just because I feel that a director does not need to kill a living being to make a film. It's horrible. Now, I've heard that people die on movie sets by accident, a lot in the film industry. That disturbs me but I think it's even more disturbing when a director condones the actual killing of a living being. The director of Cannibal Holocaust was trying to state a clear message about Vietnam and are we really as civilized as the other guy? He was stating a clear pacifist message, but it kind of defeats the purpose when you murder an animal for a flipping film.
"Fool: Well I don't want in, I want out.
Alice: Sometimes 'in' is out." - Wes Craven, People Under the Stairs
Quote:
"I take back every bit of energy I gave you. You're nothing. You're $%^&." - Wes Craven, A Nightmare on Elm Street
The Ultimate Dream Warrior