View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 09:03 AM
Little Boo

The Power Of Christ Compels you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebok View Post
What kind of horror movies do you prefer the most? Do you like a lot of blood and gore with people being ripped to pieces, slasher films or moves about ghosts and poltergeists?

I like horror movies that make me afraid to sleep in that dark and thats why I prefere movies based on the supernatural. Blood and Gore movies like Saw do not scare me in the least. To me is just a bunch of people being ripped apart and slaughtered... seen plenty of that in war movies.

When I go to bed at night, I have no fear of some insane guy bursting into my house with a chainsaw. I live in a rather safe area so I don't even worry about buglers for that matter.

I believe in ghosts (though I have never had an experiances with one) so movies about the supernatural are what give me the chills.
Hi Tebok,
For me I prefer supernatural or paranormal movies, my all time favourite is "The Exorcist" it's success was based on two strands of belief, the belief in evil, and the belief that evil can be cast out, William Peter Blatty described it as "The Mystery Of Faith" I also enjoyed the Exorcism of Emily Rose, based on the true story of Annaleise Michel, who was thought to be possessed by demons and died during the exorcism ritual, these films deal with a subject matter which is still much debated, the Catholic church are loathe to recognise the possibility that someone could become possessed by another entity, and would sooner accept such a condition as a psychological disorder, however, these films tap into our most primitive fears, the fear of the devil and other dark forces, things which aren't easily explained, and yet appear all too real, I have had encounters with ghosts, I own and use a Ouija board, I am an experienced user, I also read the Tarot, and in doing so have experienced many strange and unexplainable occurences, I have held seances and attracted entities which were mischievous at least, but threatening at other times, where in such a case, I close down the session with the relevant address to the spirit world, it is very interesting but can also be frightening.