View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Hellraiser

Mr Macabre's Books - FREE BOOK

Hi!

My name is David Haynes and I'm an independent writer from the UK.

I run a blog dedicated to my writing and the inspiration behind it. It's still in the early days but it'd be great if you had chance to have a look.
http://macabrecollection.blogspot.co.uk

I apologise of this is a long thread but rather than making separate entries I'll try and keep things tidy (ish)

My first three horror books are tributes to the Penny Dreadful Victorian Gothic books and are as follows,

Mask of the Macabre

Four short tales of Victorian terror, each bound to the other by a chilling thread.

The date is January 10th 1866 and the snow is falling thick on the blood soaked streets of a murderous London...

Mask of The Macabre - A travelling magician appears with a gruesome show. But what secret does it hide?

Doctor Harvey - Bethlem lunatic asylum's newest patient has a story to tell, but how will he tell it to his doctor?

Memento Mori - A photographer is given a mysterious assignment with disturbing consequences.

The New Costume. - The entertainer discovers a new string to his bow and gives the finest performance of his career.

(13,000 words in total) 77p/99c

Ballet of the Bones

Four short tales of Victorian terror, each bound to the other by a chilling thread.

London suffocates under the festering reek of its bursting graveyards.

Ballet of the Bones - The curtain goes up on the greatest show on earth, but is everything all it seems?

The Bone House - The grave digger reflects on his morbid life, but what does his future hold?

The Engineer - His creations are beautiful, intricate and for a discerning palate.

Encore - The director makes ready for the end of the show.

13,700 words. 77p/99c

Séance of the Souls

January 7th 1855
Brookwood Cemetery, London.

A boy weeps beside the grave of his dead father; his infant sister clings to his leg. It is another pitiless blow for a life already stained with blood.

When all those you hold dear have been taken from you, where do you find solace?

In the arms of the dead, for the living no longer care.

A story of Victorian terror, where all is not quite as it seems...

This is novella length and totals approximately, 21,500 words 99p/$1.49

I also put them all together to form The Macabre Collection

which is available to buy at £1.53 or $2.99

Finally I published my fourth title yesterday.

The Scream of Angels

Montmartre, Paris 1901

The city is alive with the spirit of La Belle Epoque - the beautiful era. It is a decadent time of artists and thinkers, of poets and dreamers.

It is also a time for blood.

The mysterious aristocrat Lord Cresswell offers struggling writer, Robert Bishop a position within Le Grand Guignol theatre, an ancient establishment famed for its bloodthirsty productions and the tortured cries of terror from its patrons.

When he accepts the position, Bishop is thrown into a horrifying mystery. A mystery in which the demons from his own dark past threaten to destroy his soul. £1.53/2.99

Thanks for looking and if you're interested you can buy them from the links on my blog or the ones below. If you want to get in touch, please do I love to hear from anyone about more or less anything! Cheers.

UK - http://www.amazon.co.uk/David-Haynes..._athr_dp_pel_1

US/AUS/SA - http://www.amazon.com/David-Haynes/e..._athr_dp_pel_1

Last edited by Mr Macabre; 10-12-2016 at 11:40 AM.