View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Cinematic Horror Archive

Cinematic horror archive

I hope this is cool, as I am not a spammer, I just want to do a bit of self-promotion. But if the mods have a problem with this thread, they can lock it.

Cinematic Horror Archive is my horror film review site:

www.cinematichorrorarchive.wordpress.com

Putting a lot of care and effort into each article, I write pieces for movies old and new of all sub-genres. My views are blatantly honest and non-biases. You will obviously not agree with everything I have to say, but that is great as it is partly the point of film criticism. My critique is intelligible and sound and I write for newcomers of the genre in mind as well as the veteran fans. I include in each review an original theatrical poster, screenshots, links for clips and trailers, and if available a link to watch the film online.

I have just recently returned to writing, for the first time since before moving to Thailand in the new year of 2006. When I was still living in my native homeland of England, I spent four years while in education, trying to break into journalism covering movies and music. I am a big film fan, and horror has always been my favorite genre of all the ones that I am into. I have studied film and I really like to write. Therefore, it makes sense for me to write about cinematic horror, as this is my way of getting involved.

There are only six articles published on the site now, so it is not much of an archive at this moment. I divide my time between teaching myself screenwriting, and always working on the next piece, so it will be nearer to a more comprehensive archive in the future.

The reviews up on the site are:

A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

Friday The 13th Part 2 (1981)

Frozen (2010)

Paranormal Activity (2009)

The Crazies (2010)

The Evil Dead (1981)

‘The Evil Dead’ is more of a feature/review, and is called ‘The Evil Dead (1981): Video Nasties, Misspent Youth, and the Ultimate Experience in Grueling Horror’.

As well as all this American modern horror, I will also be covering the early Universal era, golden age, British (Hammer and modern), French, Italian, J-horror, Spanish etc.

I will keep you updated by bumping up this thread each time I publish new material.

If there is a film you would like me to review, or if you would just like to slag me off – contact me:

[email protected]

Thank you all very much for your time,

Dave J. Wilson

www.cinematichorrorarchive.wordpress.com

Last edited by Vlad The Impaler; 07-05-2010 at 11:50 PM.