View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Opening credits role. Fade into a shot of V's face. His eyes are closed and he appears to be asleep. The camera slowly zooms into his face until suddenly his eyes open wide. He gasps and looks around him. He's in a large room filled with weapons. The man with no eyes is sitting down, hammering at a sword on an anvil.

V: Ahem.

The man turns to look at him. He smiles widely. His sockets appear to have been empty for quite some time.

Man: AH! Good to see you're awake.

V: Well, you can hardly call it seeing me awake.

The man laughs loudly.

Man: Gorephobia's the name. I'm the local Blacksmith.

V: I gathered.

Gorephobia: Cheer up m'friend. It's a sunny day!

V: Erm, not to sound rude. But what the hell am I doing in this place? And I swear, when I was outside, this looked small.

Gorephobia: Ah, well that's because that bit is my 'ouse. The door leads to a hallway. The shop here is in the back. Built it myself.

V: That's nice. But er...what happened last night? I don't remember anything.

Gorephobia taps his nose and winks.

V: OH GOD! I've become the bride of Frankenstein.

Gorephobia: HAHAHAHA! No m'friend. You fainted as soon as you got to the door. I carried you out the back and let you lie here.

V is looking a bit disgusted. The smile fades from Gorephobia's face.

Gorephobia: No need to give me that look m'friend.

V: Now that was weird. How the hell did you see my face.

Gorephobia: I..er. I didn't

V slowly leans forward and throws a punch towards Gore's face. He brushes it aside.

V: HA! You can see. Now tell me how or I'll tell everyone you can see.

Gorephobia: Okay. But don't let the king know.

V: Who says I know the king?

He produces the sheet of paper with the word "Geddy" on it.

Gorephobia: You had this in your hand when you came last night.

He looks a bit sadder.

Gorephobia: It can only mean one thing. Anyway. Where were we. Ah yes! My seeing. Look here.

He points to a small amulet round his neck. There is a blue Jewel inside. A tiny black dot is whizzing around. It stops when it is pointing at V's face.

Gorephobia: The local nutcase gave it to me a week before I lost my last eye. He sees himself as a bit of a fortune teller. Maybe he is. I don't know. He told me to wear it and soon enough it would work. I had no idea what he meant.

V: But then you lost your eye and it started working. I've heard of them before. My mother used to read me a story about the blind hero. I thought they were make believe....oh, and can I ask. How does a man manage to "lose" both eyes?

Gorephobia: Ah. Well. I never was that good of a blacksmith. Bad hand eye coordination. I swung a hammer back into one. That was when I made my first sword. I lost the other one about five years ago when I was running with a knife. there's a reason mothers stop kids doing that...
Anyway, i thought my hand eye coordination was bad then, when your eye is swinging back and forth and you can't judge distance, this happens.

He holds up his hand and all the fingers are broken.

V: Okay, that's all well and good, but what about what I came here for. That Geddy thing.

Gorephobia: Yes. Yes. I knew this day would come. I just hoped I wouldn't be here when it did.

V: But now it is. Geez. Why is everybody so melodramatic?

Gorephobia: Calm down m'friend. All will be revealed

He gets up and goes over to one wall. He takes hammer off it and twists the head off. He holds it upside down and a small key falls out. He walks over to the other wall and pushes a spare anvil to the side with great ease. V notices that even though this man may not be in the greatest shape, he wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of his punch. Under the anvil is a trapdoor. He opens it with the key and walks down. V goes to follow him but befpre he can Gore walks back up. He's holding a chest. He opens it and there is a small piece of square, grey stone in it. He places his hand on the stone and it begins glowing, then it fades. He closes the trap door the places the chest upon it.

V: Will you get on with it?!

Gorephobia: Peace. Give it a second. Oh, and things may heat up.

Suddenly, a small fire appears on the floor, then another across the room. Within a few second the entire room iz ablaze. It appears to be spinning. V tries to run but finds himself frozen to the ground. The flames engulf him. Auddenly they disappear. He and Gorephobia are in the room and there is no fire. However, it has all changed. The room still has all the anvils, the weapons on the walls. Except they are all a grey/ blue rock. Everything. The floor, the ceiling. The window is gone. There is a faint dripping. Everything is freezing. Where the small chest was on the trapdoor, there is now a large chest on a square rock. Gorephobia goes over to it and open it up. He produces a great sword, with barbs all over it. The blade is the only thing in the room that isn't rock. V suddenly notices he's rock! And so is Gorephobia.

The handle of the blade is rock, with amazing designs carved into it, faces, flames, a castle. The castle on the hill. One face stands out above all. V would recognize it anywhere. Everybody knew it. The face of the devil. His horns curling up to the side of the blade.

V: Where are we?

His voice is gruff with his throat of rock.

Gorephobia: We're in the ninth circle of hell. And this sword. This is the sword of Geddy. This is the sword that will change the world. Forever.

The Ferrets like it...