View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 05:48 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up The Beast From 200,000 Fathoms

Here is another classic that I have always wanted to see, but never had the chance to, until now, and it's about time! I am so glad I finally got to see it! I saw it three times in the past two days, to be exact! For those not familiar, this one is about a dinosaur brought out of its frozen state in the North Pole, then travels its way by ocean to its old mating grounds, which is for the then present day, New York City. It has a timeless classic scene when it first arrives to the city with a NYPD officer shooting at it, only to get swallowed whole by it, which is done with style. For standards then, that scene might have been scary, but for today's standards, it's hilarious. Scientists who have researched that type of dinosaur and how it can be stopped team up with the National Guard to stop its raging spree before it destroys the whole city, while killing everybody in the process. Those who like the classic King Kong, Godzilla, Gamera, Tarantula, and Them! films should really enjoy this one as well. It is another one of the better black and white monster classics out there.