Thread: Lead Singers
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
Meh, what can i say? In 1oth grade4 i had the most inadequate english teacher in history, and as a result, the next school i went to stuck me in REMEDIAL english.

11th grade was wasted being taught english basics....

fortunately, in 12th grade, my new remedial english teacher actually listened to me when i said i didnt belong (in 11th, he told me i was arrogant to think i didnt belong in his class, even though on all of my progress reports he stated i wrote at a level that exceeded his advanced placement students... cocksucker...) and i was moved into a regular level english class. By that time, i had passed the gradesd where my school required it to be read. Instead, i got Lord of the Flies and Hamlet.
i never read it in school ..
i was always a crazy reader .. eveything i could get my hands on .. which is why i had a tough time in school english .. the stuff we had o read was boring (with the exception of To Kill a Mocking Bird, The Crysalids, etc)
I wouldnt read the book, and then the day the essay was due i'd ask my friend what it was about - and write the essay there in then in class while we were supposed to be doing something with a new book.

he'd get a 60% and i'd get a 65%.
wasnt much motivation for me if i could get a low passing mark without trying.

of course .. i'd do it differently now ...