View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 11:25 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
I'd like to, and hope we get to, see the part of the story where their capture/invitation was delivered to get them all to this facility in the first place.
I was thinking it would be cool if somehow they were manipulated in the first place by someone who's been keeping tabs on the lot of them.
I mean, have they all been somehow temporarily depowered?
I'd love to see Bruce Willis saying "No...no delusion, I can prove it" then punching a wall to break his fist.

I mean I don't want some Amanda Waller type shit here - but my money is on this Doctor chick (shoutout to American Gothic) as having something to do with everything...and either trying to get them on side, or convinced they're normal so that they'll stay out of the way of something even bigger. Maybe. Reluctant team up might be cool.
We can see in the clip that Willis is chained/cabled to his chair, and not with fabric restraints, which typically only comes with criminal arrest or incarceration. And clips of the trailer seem to show a clash with police.

The other two have no restraints, except that Glass is in a wheelchair.

At the end of Split, we see Crumb (McAvoy) has superpowers and escapes, but his remaining captive has surely gone to the police, so there would be a warrant for his arrest.

Reading the Glass (2019) wiki page, I see it says at the end of Unbreakable Willis reveals Glass as a mass murderer, and wiki reads, "Mr. Glass: An incarcerated mass murderer", so I think we can assume all three of these guys are probably convicted and in state or federal incarceration, probably for criminally insane... and then probably that old film convention of a "special gov agency" is able to bring the three to the psychiatrist for "federal study".

Although, the film most likely doesn't start out with Willis and Crumb captured/convicted. Rather, looking at the trailer, Wills pursues Crumb for awhile before they end up in the prison hospital with Glass.

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-22-2018 at 11:28 AM.