Thread: Deadpool
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 05:27 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
See, it seems like the Wolverine movie...might've changed a few things...in terms of how weapon x & deadpool relate to eachother it seems.
Not if we can believe Ryan Reynolds...according to him, this wont likely tie into Wolverine at all:

Quote:
'Deadpool' fans who didn't dig the treatment of the character in 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' may breath a little easier when they hear what actor Ryan Reynolds has to say about the spin-off movie that he's set to star in.

"Without saying too much, I can't imagine that there's gonna be any tie-in to the Wolverine movie at all," Reynolds told IGN at a recent press junket for 'The Proposal'.

While the project searches for a director, Reynolds says he's committed to at least two other films before he can work on the merc-with-a-mouth movie, but when he does the movie, he aims to do right by the fans.

"There's so many variables to play. It's tough because when you have a character like Deadpool, to the greatest extent of your power, you want to bring as much authenticity to that character as possible. And by 'authenticity,' I don't mean that you'd want to make him somebody that you'd have a Starbucks coffee with, I mean that you want to make him as close to the comics as possible," Reynolds said. "And there's nothing that I wouldn't do to make sure that ends up on film, but sometimes things are out of your control, things that you can't change. But I'm really happy, in these early talks, that the studio is as obsessed with making it as close to the comic book source material as possible. And that's all I really needed to hear. Cuz I will husk-f*@k a herd of cattle to bring Wade Wilson to life as the real deal."

If the actor has his way, Deadpool will even be breaking the fourth wall as he does in the comics.

"There's nothing else like that in movies, or comic books, for that matter. I would like to make him self-aware; I'd like to have a bit of a pop-culture air going on throughout the film," Reynolds said. "I mean, the greatest villain in a Deadpool comic is Deadpool."

But will the pretty-boy actor do a movie in which he's alternately wearing scar makeup or a mask?

"There's no way to do this without having the scarring, having the mask, having it all. And it can be done. It's a no-brainer in that sense. You gotta have the character of Deadpool. You don't want to just invent something new and call it Deadpool."
http://www.mania.com/reynolds-deadpo...le_115389.html