View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 02:43 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Notable quotes of Cushing:

"As for that old blood-sucker Dracula, whatever I did to get rid of him, he would keep turning up again, like a bad penny. There was no stopping him - a glutton for punishment as well as gore."

"If I played Hamlet, they'd call it a horror film."

"You have to have a sense of humor, darling, to be alive. Even a bit mad. It helps to be mad."

"People look at me as if I were some sort of monster, but I can't think why. In my macabre pictures, I have either been a monster-maker or a monster-destroyer, but never a monster. Actually, I'm a gentle fellow. Never harmed a fly. I love animals, and when I'm in the country I'm a keen bird-watcher." - ABC Film Review (Nov 1964)

"You cannot make a film like this without integrity. To make the audiences believe in you, you must believe utterly in what you are doing." - (1972)

"It gives me the most wonderful feeling. These dear people love me so much and want to see me. The astonishing thing is that when I made the "Frankenstein" and "Dracula" movies almost 30 years ago the young audiences who see me now weren't even born yet. A new generation has grown up with my films. And the original audiences are still able to see me in new pictures. So, as long as these films are made I will have a life in this business -- for which I'm eternally grateful." (from a 1985 "Starlog" interview)

"When Helen passed on six years ago I lost the only joy in life that I ever wanted. She was my whole life and without her there is no meaning. I am simply killing time, so to speak, until that wonderful day when we are together again."

Sir, wherever you are...we believe once again you're having a wonderful time with your beloved wife in the eternal life of happiness. We miss you greatly but you'll always have a special place in our heart as well as in our limitless world of imagination & great creativity.

Happy Birthday, Sir!

---------------^^^------------------

Last edited by roshiq; 05-28-2011 at 10:30 AM.