View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:43 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
It is fascinating, at least to me it is, lol, and even though not all of his written works are directly connected to The Dark Tower, they are all connected to each other. For example: In The Tommyknockers, a young man and woman are sent to Derry, Maine (setting for IT) for supplies and you get a cameo of Pennywise from IT, its small but it's there. There are all kinds of connections between most of his written works. I remember reading somewhere that many of his stories supposedly take place on a different planes of existence, if that's the case, then really all of his stories are connected to The Dark Tower.
I also find connections like this really interesting. If done well they can add an extra layer to the books as a whole and as I am personally very interested in shamanism/metaphysics, I find the idea of stories taking place on different planes of existence very appealing. I just have to stop being lazy and finally get around to reading Part 3 of The Dark Tower I'm sure it's much better than "The Drawing Of The Three" which I felt was just really about introducing characters as I think TheVillain said earlier in this thread.