View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 11:34 PM
Evil Dead

ATTACK OF THE PHANTOMS (1979). By 1978, KISS was IT for Me. Loved Alice Cooper Group, Led Zeppelin, Ted Nugent, The Runaways, Aerosmith, etc, but NO ONE got my blood pumping like they did. Had four full scrapbooks, posters all over the bedroom, every album, the Bubble Gum cards and God only knows what else.If anything, this mania made me more industrious, working whatever odd job I could supplement my allowance with to afford this stuff.
VERY disappointed by the movie when we saw in in Oct 1978...even at 16, felt it was awfully juvenile and stupid. Even more annoyed was one of the Movie Tie In magazines listed the songs that would be performed and really, only "I Stole Your Love" sounds live and pretty good too.
AOTP is inside KISSOLOGY #2 and while it has some music from the Solo albums instead of the canned TV music, still awful script, acting and it's embarrassing to be able to see stunt doubles for Ace and Peter, even with the makeup on. certain charm and definitely of the period, but just a Stinkbomb overall. For a more entertaining view, watch THE TOMORROW SHOW 10/31/79 where an inebriated Ace steals the proceedings, much to Gene's very obvious displeasure. *