View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 09:18 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I like that concept... what makes them superheroes is that they chose to fight crime, not super powers. In fact, your concept infers most super-powered people would be super villains. Also an interesting concept. Probably best explored by The Invisible Man (or did the drug or whatever make him insane) and Hollowman.

I didn't think Chronicle was overhyped. I seem to remember it was a small movie at the time and has pretty much disappeared. There's just people who say they really liked it... I guess it's a little bit cult now. I thought they hit on the photorealistic digital effects at the right time, before it would become not so impressive. And they put in a good story and script, felt very fresh to me at the time.
Also most if not all superheroes have the tragedy of loss that cements that superhero belief. I do believe that most normal people if they had powers would go the villain route. Someone once said that evil is easier. I haven't seen the Invisible Man in a while. But I kind of remember Hollowman how he almost immediately seemed to go crazy with his new ability. Peeping and raping Rhona Mitra's character. Something few normal people with powers would be able to resist. There are peeping Toms and rapists out there without powers.

I remember reading about Chronicle probably on AintitCool. As they love superhero stuff they were hyping the movie as a teenage superhero type movie. On par with some of the best superhero movies I think. Some liked it so much that the lead in Chronicle went on to be the Green Goblin in the second Spider-Man reboot. He was a terrible Green Goblin and that second movie minus some of the action sequences is a horrible superhero movie. I saved a good and funny review that tears apart the movie.