View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 05:31 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
POSSIBLE SPOILERS

One of the things I found most interesting about this movie was that voodoo was often mentioned in this movie, and yet we never actually saw any voodoo being used to bring the dead back to life. We heard some voodoo drums being played by the natives of Matul and they clearly blamed the outbreak of zombies on voodoo but the doctor on the island who was studying the epidemic refused to believe in voodoo and was trying to find a more scientific explanation for the strange phenomenon.

My opinion about the movie is that it wasn't actually a voodoo curse creating the zombies like implied, but something unique to the island itself like maybe a disease that had never been discovered. I mean the zombies infected people when they bit them so that implies some kind of disease was involved like in most zombie movies. So I guess I agree with the character Dr. Meynard that it wasn't actually voodoo bringing the zombies to life but something else that modern science had never discovered before.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Like what you said above, that I put in bold type... voodoo can't spread with a bite. Actually, I never thought about it being voodoo, I just assumed it was an infection. The film really just seems a dream scenario of the Dawn of the Dead situation, and I think that's what the director intended. I think the dream scenario is what basically all Fulci's films are, so it's really a fools erring to find any logic in his films.