View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 12:14 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake.Ashworth View Post
A for instance of my point. A school district somewhere up north just banned Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches because of fear that white bread was racist. That's a little blurred, they fear that because they have Hispanic students who wouldn't have encountered white bread culturally that instead they should be using something more culturally friendly to everyone. I think they are going to aim for pita bread. Regardless, this is just a drop of the moronic behavior being bred by the fear of offending anyone.
Honestly it's supposed to be United States. And many times it seems that way only in name. There are different laws across states. And stupid stuff like you mention. Also titles like Hispanic-American, African-American, Asian-American. It should be American first. I remember after 9/11 the silly commercials that tried to get people to believe that. I knew it wouldn't work because it takes more than a disaster for people to understand something like that. It takes generations.

And I actually like peanut butter and grape jelly on whole wheat bread over white bread myself.