View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Horror Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
I liked Saw II, but I thought the first was much better. I also liked Psycho II, it was actually a really good sequel, but Psycho (1960) is a classic directed by Alfred Hitchcock and was therefore my favorite. Halloween III was a good movie in its own right, but is my least favorite in the series because it did not feature Michael Myers. It was an interesting gamble, but I believe that Halloween (the series) is a brand that features Michael Myers and by not featuring him, it was not the right brand. To me, it would be like buying a bag of Lays potato chips and opening them to find pretzels. Those pretzels might be good, but that's not what you "bought".
This might be apt, if Frito-Lay manufactured pretzels. But they do not. Hence the "grab bag" metaphor here is unconvincing, in my opinion. Now, tell me this, best of men: say you ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut, but received buffalo wings instead. Would this be similar to "getting" Halloween III without Michael Myers? Or would it be closer to Dominos delivering the pizza in place of Pizza Hut? Or the pie from Pizza Hut, but the toppings have been changed around?