View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 02:30 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Not yet, I had just literally watched Gamera for the first time last night when I posted this. But after that I certainly plan to watch the others. Are there just the three other sequels then?

Probably something for ''upcoming movies'' but I happened to notice on youtube when I was looking up the clip in my last post that there was a trailer for a Gamera movie for either this year or next. It's all hazy and I need to know if it's coming out or not cause Jesus H Christ it was a beautiful trailer. Gamera is awesome. Better than Godzilla (THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT COME FIGHT ME).
Yes, I just noticed that last night too -- there's a new Gamera film is being planned, but it's not final.

There's a lot of Gamera films, looks like 12. The three 1990's ones are quite updated from the 60s ones.

If you liked Gamera: The Giant Monster 1965, there are some Gamera films I thought were fascinating when I was a kid, and most (if not all) are for kids and pretty darn cheesey.

I can't really recommend any Gamera film, but the imagery in Gamera Vs Viras was very cool, and has 'kid stars'. Gamera Vs Barugon (which is the 2nd film after the one you saw) I found fascinating. As I recall, it has no kids in it, and plays as a straight kaiju horror film.

Most Gamera fans say the original, Vs Gyaos, and Vs Guiron, were the better films, having the best effects. And most folk brave enough to watch them thought the 1990s ones were straight up good films.

Last edited by Sculpt; 04-02-2017 at 02:40 PM.