View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Evil Dead

Yeah, I just read that one (final crisis #6of7)
**Spoiler below**

So first they tried like a "trial" death to see how people would react...in which he was thought to be dead in a helicopter explosion, but really taken and held prisoner by some folks that wanted to make an army with reflective brainwaves...then they come up with this one, in which of course he looks truly dead.
However, this is my personal theory, still spoiler-ish:
The final crisis title has been so damn confusing that I've nearly ditched it alltogeter, they've bought (as always) different realities together and there's a bunch of characters I didn't even recognise. Thing is, in the scene where batman dies, and featured in the final crisis so far, the character he was taking on "at the end", Darkseid...looks completely different to anything he's ever looked before.
I know he supposedly sustained some kind of injury in the fight with the "God" type character he killed at the beginning, but to look just kind of similar but not alltogether exactly like the Darkseid I know, does seem a little weird.
I'm thinking that (they may not MAKE this the case) they could bring Batman back by either
a: Making him an alternative reality counterpart, eg - the real Batman has just got done escaping...nothing got explained as to how/why he was really involved in the FC storyline up until that point where he conveniently appeared)
b: As I said before...he's only just escaped and thought to be dead by the DC universe at large. Could be someone has decided to take up the mantle already, and that was them? Of course this would more than likely mean the death of another well established dc character.

Last edited by Phalanx; 01-15-2009 at 11:24 PM.