View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 03:56 AM
Roger Wilco

As a child in the mid-80s, I watched the first episode of a two-part film, the name of which I do not remember. The film began with a woman walking slowly down the street and the camera showing her from the back, and sometimes with her eyes, as if the camera was attached to her head. The action took place in a Gothic style village. The woman walked slowly towards the bazaar. When the woman got to the stalls, the camera showed her hands and nails - it was a terrible sight. But then it was even worse - the camera turned to her face. It was hell of a hell. I have not seen such a scary face in the aftermath of any horror movie. I remember how I pressed myself into the sofa and could not move from the terror that fettered me. Now I understand why the director did not show the old woman's face for a long time, filming her from behind, this was specially conceived to enhance the effect. The old woman is a monster. Later, when the camera showed the old woman's face in close-up, I immediately closed my eyes.

Last edited by vilmer; 11-27-2020 at 03:57 AM.