View Single Post
Old 11-11-2017, 09:08 AM
ventricle

Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
6/10

Lot's of good clean fun. It's funny and tongue-in-cheek all the way through without breaking character. Character driven story, action and effects. More comic-booky than prior live action 'super hero' and Avenger films. One doesn't need to have seen prior Avenger films to enjoy it. Decent story that's just mildly entertaining (nothing wrong with that), not any serious or emotional themes going on. Found a fairly comfortable running length at 2h10m, though I would have cut another 10-15 mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Yea, it was kinda 80s. Might be the kid against bad guys theme that did it. The movie's problem, imo, was after the big reveal it became something you've seen lots of times before. A shame, cuz I really liked the chemistry between the kid and the babysitter and the scenes with just those two together.

On another note, is it just me or is there more talented kid actors popping up this decade than ever before? Might be because there's more kid actors being used than ever before, idk. The last 2 decades we've seen tons and tons of teens in horror movies, but this decade the jews of Hollywood has thougt, "We can do it even cheaper, muahahaha". Sorry, that was a bit racist ( but racist in a FUN way, right? :D).
Nailed it... that the relationship between the kid and babysitter was the heart of the film, and the build up to reveal was the entertaining part. After that, it totally lost it, actually pretty boring after the reveal, as it was so clique and robotic.

I haven't really noticed more good kid actors. I think it's more a matter of script writers giving kids more character depth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Scarecrowd, 2017. 5/10. {Screener}

I was really looking forward to this but it let me down. Wasn't at all what I thought. A bit of gore but the comic undertones brought it down.

Thumb resize.
Too bad, I love the poster art.

Last edited by Sculpt; 11-11-2017 at 09:13 AM.