View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 02:08 PM
That fucking Guy...

Jumanji - Welcome to the Jungle.

Well...I didn't hate this...of course, it had a certain "family friendly/goofy" vibe to it that'd probably appeal a lot more to a younger audience - which is cool...I got the original when I was a kid, so why not, right?

Some of it was a bit puerile, what with Jack Black AND Kevin Hart...but it seemed to come from a good place, with each character a lesson to learn/bit of introspection for their younger audience.

What I liked was that it didn't actually serve AS a sequel in many ways - but made enough connections to the first film, such as the box being found when/where it had turned up in the end of the first one, Another person from the "past" getting trapped aside from the main cast...and paid it's dues nicely...of course
“This house was built by Alan Parrish – I just live in it”.
Couldn't have said it in a better, and nicer way.

Clearly this movie was geared towards comedy, and brought new elements into the existing universe...we got a different version of the hunter with a back story this time, and we got to take a look INTO Jumanji rather than at what came out.
One for the ages? Super memorable? Perhaps not. But it was fun, it didn't suck, and I got a decent perve at Karen Gillan...even if I think she looks hotter as Nebula.

Not a bad effort at all, really. Figured I'd hate it. I was wrong.