View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 07:13 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Me too. When the Sunday newspaper came, I grabbed the TV guide and looked up all the Horror films that were on that week. You'd never know what you were going to get. Sometimes you'd get something both very rare, and well renowned.

The stop animation dinos in ONE MILLION YEARS BC are the show for sure. The real iguana was horrid.
I made sure the TV guide was the first thing I grabbed, also. A usual Saturday when I was 9-10 (San Francisco area) would be up at 8 or so, watch cartoons for a few hours, go play, watch SCIENCE FICTION THEATER at 2:30 (usually awful), play when that was over, watch TV wrestling from 5 to 6, have dinner and play a little more, SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE at 7:30, take a shower, and at 9:30 watch CREATURE FEATURE with Bob Wilkins hosting and , if there was a decent one playing and/or I had the energy would check out THE GOOD OLD SCARY MOVIE around 1 AM..not a bad way to spend the day.

JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS (1963). Very enjoyable film with Harryhausen at his peak (Those skeletons!). Story and cast are stellar as well...only complaint I have is how quickly it wraps up. Would have liked a sequel a few years later showing all of Jason's adventures on the way home with the golden fleece. *****