View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 10:58 AM
Licking

I had been fired from more positions than ever existed at Bobby's. However, a natural currying of favor had transpired to my advantage, merely because I had become so familiar to the owner and the tenured employees there. Even though I spent more time on this side of the bar, they still remembered when I could work it back there and tongue the butter. Despite my poor work record and my being a nuisance, as well as an inveterate and incessant partaker of certain libations while employed at or visiting this establishment, I was still eclipsed, and my badge of failure rescinded, by the actions of Sheckie Carntern as he was dismissed in 1981. Upon his termination of employment after only twenty minutes, he was heard to say, "I only had the shirt on for a minute, and I made it stink.".., and "I only sported the trousers for thirty seconds, and I sh*t 'em." I remember admiring his style as it applied to his response, while I lifted his wallet. (He wasn't going to need it. I suspected he would do the right thing and check himself out.) Also, he went all abrupto pit-stain in the end. I've reconsidered my admiration for his style. Now, I just think that he's a prick.