View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Scares Little Kids

Here is a artist whos stuff I have been liking (just at this moment actually)

Taylor Cort

Only 24 years old but has a buckets worth of talent. There is a strong heavy metal vibe in his work. People who are fans of album sleeves from bands like Iron Maiden will totally like his style. Also its totally cool to see him do custom stuff (dragons etc) that you mostly see other artist just reproduce from paintings that people like Vallejo do. Thats a nice little edge that he has. And they actually look good, unlike some of the "fantasy" stuff that you see. Hes is more painterly and not so much the flash art type stuff that you see from the 90īs. If I would be thinking of custom fantasy stuff (not totally my thing, but you never know), he would be high on that list. And then he can do also that painterly Neo-Traditional stuff (The bastartized version of sailor tattoos etc). And of course horror stuff. (Lost Boys=fuck yeah!)

You can catch him in Liquid Dragon Tattoo, Asheville, North Carolina US

www.myspace.com/taylorcort
If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always. I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you. -Henry Rollins-