View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 02:00 PM
Evil Dead

"The Dark Tower"
-Idris Elba

Plot: IMDB
Roland Deschain (Idris Elba), the last Gunslinger, is locked in an eternal battle with Walter O'Dim (Matthew McConaughey), also known as the Man in Black. The Gunslinger must prevent the Man in Black from toppling the Dark Tower, the key that holds the universe together. With the fate of worlds at stake, two men collide in the ultimate battle between good and evil.

Phantom's Review:
If your a Stephen King fan, a "Purist" of his work, then I highly recommend that you skip this film, save yourself the headache. If you have never read the books or your the type of fan who just accepts the fact that Hollywood will rarely ever do King right, then maybe you'll get some enjoyment out of this short (95 minutes) , somewhat standard Hollywood film. For me, the film was a disappointment. I enjoyed 'The Dark Tower' novels and was looking forward to seeing them on the big screen, but this is definitely not was I was hoping for. The filmmakers took bits and pieces from a massive 8 volume series, threw most of the books away and put together this hodge podge sci-fi western. Idris Elba does his best as 'Roland, The Last Gunslinger' but he doesn't have a whole lot to work with. Mathew McConaughey fares slightly better as the villain 'Walter, The Man In Black' , but again there is just not a whole lot to work from. Overall, a huge disappointment.