View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Pirate of Bengal

This is so sad & devastating that it's making me doubt what sort of so called "society or state" we have in this part of the world!?! Agree with Des, a crime with this sort of unspeakable brutality certainly deserves severe & exemplary punishment asap. As you guys know, mostly or at least to some extent, we share similar sort of cultural traits, language as well as also the social backdrops with India as we once all were together & fought against the British colonization. But it makes me very much frustrated & sad that perhaps all those movement for 'Independence' were mostly political but all those people certainly didn't fight & gave lives year after year for an Independent state where justice & security would become a joke...where before put your demand for justice you need to think twice "Can I afford it?...Do I have enough money & high power political connections who can help me to get the 'Justice in time"? Then what's the meaning of justice & security in a "democratic Independent country"?!? Sometimes everything around me seems like an one big meaningless chaos that has been overtaken by a shameless-open thirst for power & money in a regular basis.

Few days ago I shared another brutal incident in Newton murder thread about an open-broad daylight killing of an innocent passerby during a political road blockade activity that happened in our city (Dhaka, Bangladesh) on December 9, 2012. That innocent passersby who was 'just in a wrong place at a wrong time'...a tailoring shop employee, "mistakenly" (as the killers thought him as an activist of opposition party), brutally hacked to death reportedly by the "activists" (hooligans) of Bangladesh Chhatra League (the so called Student Political unit of ruling party) near a police station. The killing was carried live on numerous local news channels. Lately most of the killers have been apprehended but it's not certain or clear that whether the court can provide a verdict as the killers are actually quite "dedicated on field workers" of the ruling party.

From Delhi to Dhaka & every corner of the world, my deepest sympathy, condolences & prayers goes for all the victims & their family who lost lives in such terrible & unthinkable way. May the almighty give us enough courage & strength to make sure that the criminals get what they deserve in due time & to gradually build a safe place for every citizen where nothing like this ever happens again.